Monday, September 22, 2008

The after shock...

We got back Wed. 17 night late. I had to work Thursday so Derick had the kids all day! By the way this was the first day that he had them by himself with out his parents around to help him. He did a good job I only got called about 20 times...
Friday I woke up not feeling my best but being pregnant and just finishing a 13 hour shift the day before I did not think anything of it. So we went to my friend Tina's house for lunch and so that Derick could fix her leaking faucet. Later that day I just got worse... That night things did not get better. I tried to go to bed to sleep it off but could not get to sleep because I had really bad pain in my tummy. Well it was too high up to be the baby. Then I came to think about it a remembered that I did not void all day long! So knowing that I need to be rehyrdated for the baby's protection we decided to go to the ER. I had not been able to keep anything down all day. After getting there and the doctor doing his check up on me ordered all kinds of test. I started to get worried. Well after 7 hours of the ER they did blood test, urine test (the had to stick a tube in my bladder to get some because I was not making any on my own... yeah not fun) and two different kinds of ultrasounds. They found that I had 3 kidney stones blocking my urine. Because I was pregnant I was not allowed any pain meds. I have had stones before and the pain was unbearable. Well again the pain was REALLY REALLY bad. So I kinda just had to tough it out. This did not make a nice end to my vacation! Derick then took the kids back up camping for the weekend and I SLEPT all day everyday this weekend! It was nice. Today (Monday) I am still very swore but back to work.

But we did find out the sex of the baby.... IT'S A BOY!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jessica you poor thing!!! That is just miserable. I hope you feel better soon. Congrats on the boy, YAY!! Two boys to get in to trouble:)

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Oh Jess! You look AWFUL!!! I am so sorry--I hear that passing kidney stones is like having a baby--no fair when you have one in your tummy already-so you are going to have delivered four babies!!!! So are the stones-pass(able)? I am so so sorry. We LOVE BOYS!!!! 2 boys and 2 girls--perfect!!! Got any names-like Hunter?

mikegordonfamilyblog@blogspot.com said...

Jessica- ouch! I feel so bad for you! What a terrible ordeal! Congrats on having a boy though! That is exciting!

Heavenly Home said...

WOW GIRL!!!! I am sorry to hear you have them again. ANd COngrats on the baby boy. So you think of any good boy names with a K in it??

JenniRice said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds so horrible! I 'm glad your feeling better! Hope everything is ok with you guys! BTW Derrick is look great! Tell him congrats! And CONGRATS on the new little BOY! that is so exciting!! I cant wait to find out what we are having! hopefully we'll see you this weekend... we are coming up for conference!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh I am sorry to hear about the kidney stones. I've heard they are SO SO painful! That is exciting that you're getting another little boy though!