Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Did you know?...

So today ( tuesday 12/30/08) at work we had a homeless guy come into the ER. Someone found him down and called 911. His body Temp. was 25.6 C (which is 78 F) and he was bearly breathing. It is a sad story but what I am blogging about is this very cool new tool that we have to help save someone's life. It is called a "Thumper". I will try and give you a clue to what it does... It saves our back's when it comes to CPR....... Think of it yet?..... Well..... It is this nice little device that you put around a patient and it does CPR for you so that we can focus on warming him up, giving meds, and helping him breathe. Plus, I do not know how many of you have ever had to give CPR but you get very tired very fast! And afterwards you are swore. So this nice tool helps us very much. I do have to admit that it did look like it hurt. But CPR is not ment to feel good anyway. Well that is another inside to what I do on a daily work day!

3 comments:

Heavenly Home said...

WOW that does sound like a really cool tool. Did you save the guy??

Aaron & Jayme said...

I have never even heard of that. Is it always effective?

TexasTwinsTwice said...

wow i didn't know about that device either--how cool. SO did he live?