
Well as I promised I am updating you on my biggest loser race. I have decided that I am going to gain 10% of my body weight instead of lose it. This is SOOOOO much easier! And I know that I can win. I was losing weight real good there at the begning. I then start to stay at one weight then I got it plus some back. I have notice a few things with my body that were a sign that my thyroid might be acting up again. At work one night I ordered a blood test on myself (with permission from my Midwife) to test my TSH level. (this test to see how well your thyroid is working or not working,) The normal range for this test is 0 to 4. You want your number to be in between these numbers. I am already on a high dose to keep my level normal. Well my result came back, so I printed them, layed them on the desk at work. My midwife, and the dr. that backs her, are there with a patient and we are all busy trying to avoid a c-section. After the delivery we come out to the station and sit down to chart. By this time I have forgotten that I printed my result and layed them on the desk. Well Dr. French sits in my chair (stinker he does things like this just to tease me). He sees my results and asked me how I was able to get lab to print such a result. He knows how much medicine I am currently on already ,since we had talked about it earlier that night. He was shocked that I was still standing, when he read my results. Like I said before normal limits for your TSH are 0 to 4. I am taking 50mcg already (most people are on 12.5mcg) so I should be good right?......... well my level is 100.0!! Yes that is 25x's higher than it should be. So no wonder I feel like crap, and can't lose the weight, am tired all the time, have no energy, have a weight gain, and get irritable easy! So him and my mid wife came up with a dose to try and to have me retest in 3 weeks. See here I was thinking it was all caused from 4 kids, full time job, and school. Nope!
Oh and my current weight is.........turn your head and close your eyes so I can tell you!
2 comments:
OMG I can't belivie that, hope you get it under controll soon. love ya mom
Whats your weight... I turned my head and closed my eyes.....hahaha
Post a Comment