Saturday, May 24, 2008

God's plan will always be a mystery..........

Tonight at work there was a 2 year old baby that passed away. The child was sick the mother took him in and got some medicine. They think he had an allergic reaction to it. We had to code him in the ER. I need to write about it to help me cope. I was called into work tonight and I wonder why. Me losing a child myself know how hard it is to say good bye to your baby. But having the Gospel helped me. Watching this mother tonight having to say good bye to her baby was beyond words. What do you say, what do you do? I have been there yet I felt helpless. It does pull at your heart strings. It makes you wonder about the plan of our Father. This child, this little boy is now home. No more pain, no more sadness. But why? I would like an answer but I know I will have to wait till I can ask Him myself. More then often I have hit my knees in tears asking this question of "why?" Why was I called in tonight? Why this child with loving parents and a good home? Why so young? How far will I be pushed before I break? I know you may not have an answer but it helps to write about it. One day when I am older and wiser I may know, but till then I will continue to hit my knees in pray.

3 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Sweet Jessica--oh my heart aches for so many reasons. All I know is that you are doing the right thing by pressing forward until the questions are, or can be answered...the righteous will have their reward. What would we do without the eternal perspective of the gospel. My deepest heart thoughts are with you!Thank you for doing what i don;t think I could

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh that is so tragic. My heart goes out the that family and your family. I can't imagine having to deal with such a tragedy, and I am impressed with your courage and faith. You will definitely be rewarded for that someday. I have no doubt.

Paula Fossyl said...

With losing a child not long ago myself, I know that with all the what if's it is the devils way of bring us down and keeping us there. When we feel down it is alot easier for him to work in our lives. Your right we may not ever know till we meet our maker why. But believe that there is a reason. Its ok to be upset it shows your a great person in the right place. Right where God needs you. he will never give us more then we can handle. But its ok to yell, he has very big shoulders. I will pray for you for peace and understanding and I will pray for the family...Love in Christ...Paula