Saturday, July 5, 2008

June 29 to July 3

Sunday June 29- We did not go to church today. Derick is still in Kansas and with me working all night it is hard to take the kids and stay awake. So I caught up on my sleep and then went out to Grandpa Coco's house to spend time with my kids before going back to work. After we ate dinner we let the kids have popsicles. Kayda got a fudge one....

Monday June 30 and Tuesday July 1- I again had to work so spent both days catching up on sleep while the kids played at grandpa's house. Tuesday when the kids came home we caught up on house work the just played at home.

Wednesday July 2- Brock is the most AMAZING boy you will ever meet! That morning after our breakfast and getting dressed I told Brock that because he had been so good at his chore chart and helping me while dad is gone that I would take him to go see "Kung Fu Panda" But it did not start till 3. So I told him I was going to get in the shower, then we would clean up the living room and go shopping, then hopefully it would be close to the time to go. Well during my shower he did not bug me once. (where he is usally in there every 5 sec asking for somthing...) So enjoying my shower, as I get out and head into the living room after getting dressed.... IT WAS CLEAN!!!! Brock had cleaned the living room all by himself!!! He was so happy about going to see " Panda" that he did it himself. (now when you walked into his room you found everything on his bed. but hey you gotta give him credit ) So we went shopping and I let him pick a candy out there to take. Once at the movies Kayda fell asleep right away and stayed asleep which made it nice. Now Brock thinks he is "panda" and walks around kicking and hi-yaing everything. I love that boy so much!

Thursday July 3- Derick is coming home today!!! During the day I watched my friend Alisha's kids while she went to work. We both work at the hospital so I know how hard it is to find a good babysitter to watch your kids for 13 hours a day. She has a girl Madison, she is Brock's age and a son Mason, Kayda's age. So the day was good they all played very well together!

Here they are playing "American Idol" .. We have a game that puts you on TV so you can dance and sing.

Here is miss Kayda singing along with them!


Then we made rice krispe treats while they cooled we dance with ribbons.


After lunch the clouds came out and it cooled down outside so we filled the pool and had fun!


Derick came home at about 8:30. We let the kids stay up to play with him. I do not like him being away for so long it was 2 and half weeks! YUCK! But you do what you have to to support your family. And I love him even more for that. But we are sure glad to have him home.


4 comments:

JenniRice said...

wow... I don't know how you do it girl! you are one tough mamma! 2 1/2 weeks is a long time! How did you stay sane?
Man, we miss you guys! hey we are going to the cabin for memorial day with the Rice's, you guys should come! it will be more crowded than we are used to but it will be a good time! think about it! LOVE ya!!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

what a sweetheart for Brock to clean up like that. That's so nice that Derick is back!!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

what a sweetheart for Brock to clean up like that. That's so nice that Derick is back!!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I Love your co-workers name! Cool name. Single parenting is for the birds!! I am happy to hear you have your man back-we missed you at church!