Sunday, July 20, 2008

July 14 to July 20

Monday July 14- After getting home from work I got the kids up and tried to get Brock ready for school... Well we all sat down on the couch ...... some fell alseep, But we woke in time to make sure Brock was not late to school. I slept during the day then back to work that night. The kids stayed the night with grandpa coco. Derick worked all day then had some time to himself at home that night. So he spent it catching up on his coumputer games!

Tuesday July 15- Kinda the same thing over again. I had to meet with my boss to do my yearly eval (which was 6 months late on her part... AHHH) So I got home 2 hours later then normal. Lucky for me Lee (grandpa coco) kept the kids a little later so I could get some more sleep.


Wednesday July 16- We all woke up early that morning abd had a great morning. We got to spend some family time together wrestling the stuff bears! It was so much fun, because one of our bears is BIGGER the Kayda. So she would try and pull the bear over top of her it was so cute! Then Brock had to show us his new "Panda" moves....


Playgroup was at the Clarkdale swimming pool, I did not feel brave enough to try and take both kids by myself. Brock will not let go of me but Kayda will try to wiggle free. So we stayed home and played house! That night I had to go to work again. This will be my last wed. night!!!! (as working extra)

Thursday July 17- Brock had to go to school. So after dropping him off I went to grandpa Coco's house. Lee watched Kayda so I could take a little nap to catch up. I then went shopping at this little store in Camp Verde called "Bargain Mart" it is a very tiny store. Most of the items in the store are dented cans and boxes that Safeway and other big stores don't want to sell. So instead of paying $1.00 for a can of beans it is $0.30 so I saved a TON of money. I only spent $40.00 but if I was to get the same dent free stuff at Safeway it would have cost me around $140.00. So I try to hit this store weekly to help with our food supply. That night Brock sneezed a few times then started screaming that his ear hurt. A few minutes later he had a fever and his ear was bleeding. Back in April Brock had stuck an orange peeler in his ear and nicked his ear drum. Well it was still trying to heal and very weak. Because of the pressure we have behind one of our sneezes he busted it open even worse this time. So I was able to get a doctor's apt. for friday morning.

Friday July 18- I called my gymnastic boss and told her what had happened with Brock and got her to sub for my class so that I could take him to the doctor. Grandpa and grandma coco came into help me out. Grandma stayed in the car with the sleeping Kayda and Grandpa came inside. Well the PNP saw Brock and said that his ear drum was split pretty good but there was no infection. She said it look like it hurt. And believe me I know it hurt him. I hate that feeling of helplessness when my children are hurt and there is nothing you can do to take the pain away. Anyway we started him on some pain med. that are drops for his ear and some Anitbot. to help prevent infection getting into the middle ear. Because he split it open pretty good there is a high risk of this happing. And if you get an infection in the middle ear it can lead to hearing loss.... AHHH hopefully we won't have that problem.


After all that fun stuff happened I had to go to work for the day. It was a good day at work. I ran into one of Kayda's NICU nurses. She transfered down here and now works as a soical worker. She rememebered me and asked how Kayda was. So I logged on and had to show her pictures!

Saturday July 19- We all woke up early again. And because Brock had to miss gymnastics on Friday he made us "work out" with him. It was so much fun to let him be the coach. He worked us hard. Here he is helping Kayda do her forward rolls...

Making mom stretch her back and do her forward rolls.



Then we had to do some spinning kicks.... (we don't do this in gymnastics, so he made us do a lot more then just gymnastics!)

We then decided to go to the park and the library. I talked Derick into staying home from work to hang out with us. I am so glad that he did because we all had fun.


At the library.

That night I went to work again..
Sunday July 20- Brock had to give his first "Theme" in primary today so I bucked up and went trying my best to saty awake! He kinda chickened out so mom ended up doing the theme. Oh yeah... Saturday there was a thunder storm that knocked out 13 power lines on our street. So we have no power untill (hopefully) Monday morning. Beacuse our AC was not on we went to Grandpa and Grandma Coco's house for dinner. Bad for me beacuse I think I got a total of 3 hours sleep before going back to work... So in the past 48 hours I have slpet only 3 hours. So I am sorry if I have snapped at you today! And THANK YOU DERICK for putting up with me.



1 comment:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Cute pictures! That home gymnastics work-out looks fun! Poor Brock & his ear. That sounds soooo painful! I hope your power is back on, that has to be so hard. Oh, and I hope you're able to get caught up on sleep. That has to be REALLY hard!