Monday, October 31, 2011

A day in the life of me!

As I sit here waiting for the laundry to be done so I can finish folding them, I decided I would blog a little about myself for a change. I am going to give you a glimpse into a day of my life, so sit down, buckle up and enjoy the read!

To start my day I wake at 545am to make sure Derick is up and getting ready for work. I feed Kyton, lay in bed thinking of excuses to stay in bed all day. I come up with many, but 7 o'clock rolls around and I am up getting the kids ready. Breakfast, dressed, and off to school. Now this is not as easy at it sounds. I fight with Brock to get him awake. Then comes Kayda, this is a whole war in its self! I pick out clothes for her to wear and she cry's that she doesn't like them. We go back to her closet and look for more. In the mean time I am reminding Brock that clean under is a must everyday and to get his shoes on. Finally 730 rolls around and Brock is off on the bus on his way to school. Back to Kayda, breakfast war has started. Oh boy, finally I grab Kya and Kyton and throw (well nicely place) them in the car so we can get Kayda to school. Once a t school it is another war to get her off my leg and in the classroom. Alright now I am home.
Its's time to feed Kyton! Now Mckya is a wake and I am helping her to the bathroom. Then we do the breakfast war again. My mornings are the best because after breakfast we turn Mickey Mouse on and we are good. I usually try to catch a nap now for when I work that night. At about 1130 I am getting lunch, Mckya is easy with this one. Anything that I am eating she will eat. Now this is a joy for a mother. TO ALWAYS SHARE HER FOOD, I can't remember the last meal I had where I did not have to give a bite to some cute little mouth. After lunch we jump in the shower all 3 of us. Why? Well I have tried to shower myself but then I get Mckya bringing Kyton to me by carrying his neck! So if they come in with me I get them cleaned and myself! Now for those of you wondering this takes talent that over the years I have learned, washing your hair with one hand while holding a soapy, slimy, wiggly baby!

Now its time to get Kayda. Now on different days we have different activities to attend. So we are out running around till about 5. I am then rushing to get dinner made, homework done, and get ready for work. We eat then off I go for a peaceful night (mental eye roll here) at work. I love my job, but there are many nights where if I don't pee my pants (from lack of a break) I am one LUCKY girl! And if I get a lunch we are liv'n it up! Home at 6 am just in time to pass Derick in the drive way. And my day starts over!

Don't get me wrong there are days that are different, I attempt to go shopping with 4 kids, run my errands, clean the house, etc. Now those days are fun! *sigh*

Other jobs that I have that are not listed are .... account manger, house maid, cook, taxi driver, zombie killer, make-up artist, princess dresser, poop cleaner, dog groomer, gardner, wet nurse, nail artist, hostess, ramp builder, wife, and my favorite MOMMY!

I do get my mommy time, so no need to call in the S.W.A.T. team. I get one day a week to go to lunch with my best friends Jenni and\or Heather. We try our best to make it just us but of course we usually have at least one child with us. I also get to do pedicures once every 6 weeks. And lets not forget the wonderful nights of having friends over for dinner. I love to have people over. I really do.

I have started to go back to school to finally get my Nursing degree. Why? Well I thought I had too much time on my hands and needed more to do! (mental eye roll again) And I have joined the Biggest Loser battle with Jenni to try and lose some of this baby fat left over.

So there is a small peek into a simple day of my life. I would not change a single thing about it!



(this is a picture where I am again doing more than one thing. Shaving my legs,
washing my hair, listing to Brock read, and relaxing, yes I said relaxing)

3 comments:

JenniRice said...

haha! The last pic really cracks me up!

Heavenly Home said...

I so love the last pic. Reminds me of when we were out there at Christmas time and I was showering and in walks Kayda wanting/needing a Shower.

Anonymous said...

Isn't life great,
Being a mom is the best. love ya, mom